Brazil is the most prepared coffee origin country in terms of certification aspects in the world. The legislation in terms of
Environmental , Social and traceability aspects are very strict and the official inspections, and education have been day by day detailed and frequent.
- Minimum 20% of original environment – plotted in GPS
- Minimum 50 meters wide has to be preserved with the original environment on both sides of the course rivers
- Water volume used for milling, irrigation, industrial and domestic consumption is controlled depending on the official and allowance.
- Minimum wage. Including 13rd salary per year, vacation, penalty to dispense before the contract has finished
- An independent health care commission managed for the workers and financed by the farm; focused in education and healthy work condition. (CIPATR)
- Social security. (INSS)
- Transportation, for free
- Under 18 year old is definitely forbidden
- More than four hours a day
- In places under hard conditions or in
- In position that the youth couldn’t learn
- In places where they can’t go to school after or before the journey.
- The pesticides can only be sold under an agronomist prescription in an official form
- Pesticides packing are controlled and have to return to be incinerated in special and prepared furnaces
- The agriculture projects have to have an agronomist accompaniment private or public for free available